Amer Fort is situated at Amer in Rajasthan, India which is about 11 km from Jaipur. The fort is located on the hill which is the main tourist attraction destination in Jaipur. It is known for its creative Hindu design fundamentals and Maota Lake, which enhances the beauty of the fort. Maota Lake is the main source of water for Amer Fort.
It is also known as Amer Palace. The luxurious palace is consist of Diwan-i-Khas (Hall of private audience), Diwan-i-Aam (Hall of public audience), Sheesh Mahal (Mirror Palace) and Sukh Niwas. The palace was the residence of Rajput Kings and their families. The heritage attraction is much admired by the tourists visiting Jaipur in India’s Triangle Tour. Amer Fort always is in a list of Delhi Agra Jaipur Tour as it was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site as a part of the group of Hill Forts of Rajasthan.
Things to do:
- Attend the Light Show at night in Amer Fort.
- Visit the Museum and Garden inside the fort.
- Attend the Classical Dance Program at night in Sukh Mahal. For this, you have to buy tickets.
- Enjoy Elephant ride around the fort.
- Have food at Surabhi restaurant inside the fort.
- Enjoy a Puppet show throughout the night.
- Enjoy traditional songs at dinner time.
- Visit the Turban Museum which has no entry fee.
- Shila Devi Temple
- Nahargarh Biological Park
- Fairy’s Garden
- Jal Mahal
- Anokhi Museum of Handprinting
- Kanak Vrindavan Garden
- Jantar Mantar
- Jaigarh Fort
- Nahargarh Fort
- Hawa Mahal
- Before the construction of Jaipur, Amer fort was the capital of Kachhawa Rajputs.
- The name of Amber Fort was taken by the name of Amba Mata.
- Amber fort can be entered by using a composite ticket which allows entry to Nahargarh Fort, Jantar Mantar and Hawa Mahal on the same day.
- Visitors can visit Jaigarh Fort by a walk through the passage of 2 km from the fort.
- Sheesh Mahal (Palace of the mirror) is the most attractive place in the fort.
- Amer Palace is the most charming palace among all Rajput palaces as well as the fort.
- Amer Fort is one of the most demanding forts in India triangle tour to visit by the tourists.
- There is a Magic Flower destination in the fort which is carved in marble which has 7 distinct styles of a lotus, an elephant trunk, a fishtail, a hooded cobra, a scorpion, a cob of corn and a lion’s tail.
- Amer fort is opened for visitors from 9.00 in the morning till 6.00 in the evening.
- Elephant ride starts from 9.30 in the morning till 1.00 in the afternoon.
- The light show in English starts at 7.30 in the evening.
- The light show in Hindi starts at 8.00 in the evening.
Entrance fee and Charges:
- For Indians – Rs 50 per person
- For Indian Students – Rs 10 per person
- For foreigners – Rs 550 per person
- Foreign Students – Rs 100 per person
- Light Show in Hindi – Rs 100 per person
- Light show in English – Rs 200 per person
- Elephant Ride – Rs 1100 per person or per couple
Amer is a famous tourist attraction which makes it’s the eminent sight of Golden triangle tour package. If you are planning to visit Jaipur, Rajasthan then you must visit such an enchanting palace, which has good ambiance and environ. The fort is an example of one of the best architectural.